Vacation is Over
For my regular readers you will know I have been on the hunt for a new job for over a year now, but I am pleased to say that I will be embarking on a new career as of Monday, which is a great relief to me (and to my wife who will gladly have the house back in a regular working order soon enough). I will more likely than not post my reflections on this period sometime soon, but for now this is a bulletin and a warning that my postings may be a little erratic for the next little while as I grow accustomed to my work schedule as well (no I am not giving up blogging (at least I am not planning to) just that I need to get a rhythm back in my life).
From the Financial Blogosphere
Another interesting week in August, as we move toward the fall, and what do the financial bloggers have to say this week?
- Preet at WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo wrote about An Investment Company Owned By It’s Clients, sounds like a good idea to me.
- The Canadian Capitalist points out Seven Reasons Why Retroactive TFSA Rooms Isn’t A Good Idea, I’d still like it, but I can understand his point as well.
- Michael James lets us peek into his psyche as he shares with us his Simple Spending Mind Games, trust me it’s an interesting idea.
- Larry MacDonald has been doing a series on Buying a New Car (there are a series of posts read them all). Hope there is cash for Clunkers in Canada, I have a clunker I’d love to kick to the curb.
- My Money Blog posted their August 2009 financial Statement, this is very brave and I know I don’t want to ever do this on my blog, but it is interesting to see how other folks cope.
- Nancy Zimmerman discusses Back To School Spending Habits, and yes it is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Why does my Loblaws already have their Halowe’en Candy out, yet I can’t find their back to school section?
Should be an interesting weekend, and then back to work!