This week the earth had a near miss with an asteroid the size of an “aircraft carrier” (YU55), although I think it is a lot heavier than one, and the good news is, that it has gone on its merry way and won’t trouble us for a while. It’s astounding that something that size can pass between the moon and the earth and there are no ramifications in terms of our environment, I guess if it had been bigger, it might have caused some mayhem and excitement.
We also have near misses in Europe in terms of resolution of the mayhem in the markets as well. The stock markets in North America are still up and down (and sideways) but maybe there will be a Christmas reprieve? We can only hope.
There was also a chance to reflect on those that have made the ultimate sacrifice and for those who protect us, we should always remember them (even if we do not agree with the wars they fight in, we still must respect those who fight in them).
Lots of interesting rummaging around in the vaults for my Tweets too:
- My post about Costco Gas made it to the Canadian Finance Carnival #61 which included a bunch of great posts too.
- Remember this Sunday and every Sunday Jesus is Watching You, well maybe not the Jesus you think.
- What were the Labour Numbers Like a year ago, just read that link and see.
- My article about Financial One Liners made it into the Carnival of Personal Finance #334
- Is it possible to get Free Banking, I think so
- Also remember Don’t Be Afraid to make a Change especially with your banking services.
- You know my love of Pay Day Loan companies hence my post Let’s Go Buy Some Money.
- Bank Nerd mentioned this site as one of The Best Financial Websites in Canada, wow, didn’t think anyone noticed.
- Remember the Budget to Nowhere, also known as the 2011 budget before the election?
- I also pointed out that thanks to the flooding in Thailand, computer hard drives are skyrocketing in price, and will continue to increase in cost, so if you were thinking of buying a computer you might want to wait a while.