As RRSP season comes to a frenzied end, we must remember that this means that Income Tax season is now upon us, and we must all start thinking about submitting our returns to the CRA. Many folks have opinions about the value of getting a rebate (as opposed to making sure that on “Tax Day” you don’t owe anything nor are owed anything), I like the feel of getting a rebate, however, not too large a rebate (I don’t like loaning the government large sums of money over the year).
In Ottawa we got another rollicking reminder that Mother Nature is an unpredictable lady, a snowstorm on Friday made life interesting here and there is promise of more snow to come. I am learning that all bus systems have their issues dealing with snowstorms, at least I managed to get home in one piece.
I found one of my favorite videos from Rick Mercer videos, and will include it after my regular run down of my Tweets for the week:
- One of my first real posts was a Parable about Bad Advice, which is why I try not to give advice on my site.
- For those that procrastinate a lot like me someone may have told you a Journey of 1000 Miles starts with 1 step, unless you stop there, then it’s a very short trip.
- I did include a little Humor for a Saturday, just for a quick laugh.
- CPI a year ago was actually not that bad, but it keeps inching it’s way up.
- Did you do anything for Financial Shrove Tuesday? Did you at least eat some pancakes?
- The other name for Shrove Tuesday, is Mardi Gras for those who weren’t sure of that fact.
- Last year I ran the Big Caj’s Lenten Financial Challenge, I am trying some things this year, and I hope you are too.
- Where do you put your money, RRSP or Mortgage ? Either place is good, but making sure your Mortgage is paid down is important.
- Rick Mercer gives us two fun Weekend Financial Videos, to end the week off.
This is a real, oldie, but goody!