When Financial Bloggers Collide
Another one of the great N.C.F.B.A. summits took place this week with a special guest Preet from Where Does All My Money Go who was in the National Capital region on business and decided he wanted to get his finger on the pulse of some of the most dynamic financial bloggers in Canada (ok, what is the correct font for sarcasm). Preet has been promoted to an honorary member of the N.C.F.B.A., and promises to attend yet another of our “Financial Think Tanks” in the near future.
What do Financial Bloggers talk about when they get together? Finances, ETF’s, Mutual Funds, Get Rich Quick Schemes, Blogging and Advertising, Car Racing, and many other interesting topics. This esteemed group is also frugal, (some might even say CHEAP) I had two decaf coffees, Michael James had a ginger ale, the Canadian Capitalist had a hot tea, Canadian Money Review had two Perriers, and Preet I believe had a soft drink. Needless to say our server was not enthused by our lack of ordering, but we as Financial Bloggers must show the financial restraint that we espouse (i.e. practice what we preach).
Random Thoughts: Obama Mania Hits The Capital
Yes President Obama flew over my house on his way home on Thursday (I looked up and there was Air Force One majesitcally soaring off into the clouds), that is a very quiet 747, (given normally 747’s cause the plates in my house to rattle). In honour of this momentous event, here are some random blog entries from sites I read from this past week.
- Preet at Where Does All My Money Go continues his discussions about Fee Based Financial Planners with Fee Only Based on Net Worth, not Portfolio Size, so these financial planners could throw in the value of your house into his fees? Wow, that’s Chutzpah
- The Canadian Capitalist points out that RDSP Accounts are now available, which is an important new savings vehicle with loved ones and dependants who are disabled.
- Larry MacDonald writes about the Best Financial Blog Nobody reads (no he isn’t writing about this site).
- Michael James asks Is Warren Buffet’s Record a Fluke ? which he then backs up with some solid analysis.
- Ellen Roseman write about her Adventures in Customer Service, talking about the many issues she has had in this area in the past little while.
Enjoy your weekend and watch for the Video post this weekend, another interesting one from the National Film Board.