We had another get together of the National Capital Financial Bloggers Association this past week and the regulars were there, but we also had a special guest appearance by Canadian Financial DIY, and he has been added to the prestigious N.C.F.B.A. blogroll in the right hand column. A very interesting chap and with many of the same attributes as yours truly (worked in the same places, from Montreal, etc.,). He also is brave enough to show a picture of himself on his blog (I may one day, but I need to find a top hat and monocle first).
Financial Blogging This Week
Many interesting posts for this week, and let’s start off with our spotlight blogger this week:
- Canadian Financial DIY wrote an interesting tome about a Modest Proposal for Preventing Older Retired People in Canada… I think I am worried now, hope no politicians take this up.
- Michael James writes about Tax Avoidance on New Homes (in Ontario), which may make for an interesting cat and mouse game between the government and it’s HST and builders.
- Preet at Where Does All My Money Go continues his educational series about Indexes (and active vs. passive investing) with The Market versus The Index (in a steel cage match).
- The Canadian Capitalist writes another scathing commentary on Our World-Beating Mutual Fees, seriously folks read this stuff and get the heck away from those high MERs.
- The Canadian Tax Resource is writing some helpful posts in the series Estate Planning 101 and one I enjoyed is Estate Planning 101 – Death, Taxes, and your RRSPs and RRIFs.
- Riscario Insider has an interesting post Preston Manning on Financial Planning, which I enjoyed, but the title is a little misleading.
Victoria Day Weekend
Given it is an early long weekend here in Canada, don’t look for anything on Monday, I will be enjoying a day off, but look for a new video for the weekend enjoyment.
Hi BCM, thanks for the link. It was great to meet the gang of bloggers, though why was I the only one having a brew? Hmmm, there’s a blog post idea BCJ…. the effect of a recession on drinking stocks – are they really a good way to “lessen the pain”?
You should ask your readers to make your mug shot for you, part of a contest or something? 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Not a bad idea, either that or maybe a Pirate look?
You are too funny. I’d love to see that picture.
Thanks for the mention.
Thanks for the mention! Enjoy the long weekend.