In a week where I discussed my investing tactics, balance is the important topic to remember. All things need balance, and ensuring your investments and retirement strategies are in good balance is very important, too much of anything can be a bad thing.
I wrote about:
- Balanced Passive Investing – not using a balance mutual fund though, but making sure you do not have all your eggs in one basket.
- Drip, drip, dripâ€¦ how does Dividend ReInvestment Plans work? I use one.
- GM Bankruptcy Uncharted Territory it was, luckily they paid some of it back, as opposed to Air Canada.
- 50% Off Cheap Meat? should you eat discounted meat? Maybe?
- Is English The Second Language of the World? kind of, but not by number of folks speaking it.
Random Financial Thoughts
Of the financial bloggers I read, these articles caught my attention:
- The Canadian Capitalist did an update on his Sleepy Mini Portfolio (I base one of my RRSP’s on this set of index funds). Remember the importance of re-balancing in this type of strategy.
- Canadian Financial DIY is asking whether Claymore is Being Sneaky about Showing Fees on it’s ETFS? Sounds sneaky to me.
- Michael James comments on the upcoming Entrust Shareholders Vote on a Takeover where he has a stake in the outcome.
- Larry MacDonald is Praying for the Vanguard takeover of iShares, which hopefully will bring lower MERs.
- Preet at Where Does All My Money Go, says the Countdown Begins, but this is for a new venture for him on the W Channel, stay tuned!
Looks to be a nice weekend here in Ottawa, get out and enjoy it!