I will neither confirm nor deny that my birthday may have occured in the past or next few days. However, I will confirm that my age is between 30 and 75. You should not publish on the web your birthday and year, since that is the start of someone stealing your identity or something of the like. Let’s talk about the things you might do if your birthday anniversary is some time this year.
Things to Do Financially on Your Birthday
Just some ideas for some of the financial things you can do on the anniversary of your birth:
- Are you old enough to retire? Seems like a straight forward question, but when can you retire is another question to ask if the answer to the previous question is No? If you can’t even guess when you can retire, then today would be a good day to figure it out, or at least make a guess and work towards it. Aim to retire at 61, that’s an interesting prime age.
- Can you take today off today? Some companies actually give you your birthday off as a vacation day, I think it would be good to know that one (nope, not in my case).
- You can get free meals at some restaurants, I think Denny’s is one of those places, but call around and see where you can eat for free. Free meals is a very good way to celebrate a birthday.
- Does my car registration need to be renewed? Ottawa has an interesting problem because if you don’t renew your registration by your birthday, and take your car to Quebec, you can get fined a LOT of money, because in Quebec they’ll fine you for that one (I think they do in Ontario too, but they don’t worry about it too much until the next month).
- Did your car driving license expire? I was surprised that one year I realized a month after my birthday that I had been driving with an expired license. I received no reminder in the mail. Luckily I was not pulled over or that might have been expensive.
- Has your life insurance premium just jumped? If you have crossed an age group, your term life insurance rate may be increasing, so go check that out.
- Can you get a senior citizen’s discount now? You’d be surprised, a lot of these discounts do not start at age 65, it actually starts at 55. This year I found out you have to be only 55+ for McDonald’s Senior Coffee. TD gives you a service charge discount at age 60.
Any other concepts I may have missed that you should do on your birthday?