Today is Remembrance Day in Canada, and down south, I believe it is Veteran’s Day, a day to remember those who have fallen and made the ultimate sacrifice for us.
I grew up in a generation where we didn’t even talk about Remembrance Day much, let alone celebrate the achievements and sacrifices done by others. Still, I am glad that the traditions of remembering those who fought for our future have returned.
I remember this picture as “Good Bye Dad,” not sure why but it sums up the sacrifice made by the Families of previous generations in Canada.
Remembrance Days Gone by
- We Shall Remember, Paradise Papers, Tax Cheats and #MoneyTalk #FLM2017 is from 2017, with a photo of the War Memorial in Ottawa.
- We Shall Remember 2013 remembers more of my family’s experiences.
- Remembrance Day 2012 includes the poem by John McRae, In Flanders Fields.
- Remembrance Day 2011 included a video of veterans talking about their service.
- We Shall Remember 2010 with talk of the App for Remembrance Day (yes there was one).
- We Must Remember 2009
- Lest We Forget 2008 was when I first started writing about Remembrance Day