I really don’t buy into the Black Friday, Cyber Monday and such tom-foolery, but Giving Tuesday is something I can get behind. There are many wonderful charities that need your help, and for those unsure here is a short list you could use. Make sure you give to them and not overarching “charities”, they take too much for Management Fees.
Charities that Need Your Help:
- CHEO or your local Children’s Hospital. They need your money, and they need your time, if you can volunteer.
- The Acadia University S.M.I.L.E. program is one that my daughter worked at, and the program is a godsend to the parents of the kids who are part of the program.
- The Queensway Carleton Hospital would be a good place to give, given how much they helped me last year with my problems.
- Chez Doris is a Women’s Shelter in Montreal that my Father helped out, and always would like some help.
- Dreams Take Flight is a new entry to my list, but an amazing organization that really would like to have your help.
You shouldn’t really need a specific day to give, Charity is an important part of any financial plan. It is also near the end of the year, the money you give now counts towards this year’s taxes! Keep that in mind. You could give Charity as a Christmas gift too.