Another Friday arrives with some things to think about this week.
- A bad week for investments with the TSX down 900 points in three days. Is this the bottom? I have no idea. I’ll tell you in a couple of months, but now is the time to stick to your investment plans, and not panic.
- RRSP time continues to be a turbulent one now with the stock market going on a deep plunge, should you not even worry about it and just continue with your plans? That is what I am hoping to do.
- Michael James asks the question, Is Investing Like Surgery? where he asks the question and then argues that the metaphor is flawed. Hopefully, I won’t catch him trying to remove his own appendix next.
- Speaking of RRSPs the Canadian Capitalist is talking about them, with A Review and Contest posting, you still have time to maybe win a book.
- I continue my war on “at work discretionary spending”, and only spent $1.35 this week, I broke down and bought 1 coffee, on an especially bad day. I am off work on Friday and am safe for that day.
- Next week begins my tax collation exercise, so expect an update on my favourite topic, which is The Government Hates Single Income Families.
- On a personal note, I mourn the loss of 7 good young men and their coaches wife on Saturday. Being involved in basketball, this terrible incident struck home with me, as I have spent many weekends driving to and from basketball tourneys (in fact, I am off to Barrie this very weekend). My thoughts are with their coach and the parents of those young athletes.
This Week’s Postings
Random Thoughts 2008
- When 2007 ended we had some Interesting random thoughts.
- For the Beginning of 2008 a good start to things.
- Some Interesting Stats and Random Thoughts for the 2nd week of 2008.
- In the 3rd week of 2008 there were more Random Thoughts
- What was Inflation like in December 2008? These Random Thoughts will tell you.
- Door to Door Scams and higher national debts helped the random thoughts for February.
- Stocks, Universities and some Random Thoughts more interesting quips from February.
- Random Thoughts – Leaky Pipes Edition an advent plumbing angle