A quieter week to start the New Year of 2008 with not too much going on. However a few interesting notes:
- Fuel prices continue to soar in Eastern Ontario and Oil on the worldwide market continues to rise as well. Gold is at a new high as well for selling price, wonder if that means I should be melting down and selling off? I don’t think so.
- Just like in Trading Places, the Orange crop was not affected by the Florida cold snap so those prices should stay down too (this is a great movie to watch and wonder just how realistic it is, and Eddie Murphy when he was funny adds to it as well).
- Anne Fisher from Fortune thinks this year is not going to be a good year for large pay raises. I have rarely got a “big raise” during a time when “everyone else is getting one too”, I typically get them when I am not even thinking about getting a raise. Remember if you get a raise, don’t just expand your spending to include this new money (a Commandment of Personal Finance).
- I suggest you go to the National Capital Financial Bloggers sites (N.C.F.B.A.) and investigate the excellent writers in this elite group. I learn something every day reading these well thought out posts.
- I return to work on Monday, having enjoyed two weeks of time off, hopefully refreshed. I am a reformed Vacation Hoarder, I have resolved to use all my vacation and not hold onto it any more, I need the time off.
Posts From This Week
- Let The Spending begin outlines my wrestling with University Costs again.
- In my Happy New Year address I outline my hopes for the New Year.
- Closing off 2007 I comment on many things.
Random Thoughts 2008
- When 2007 ended we had some Interesting random thoughts.
- For the Beginning of 2008 a good start to things.
- Some Interesting Stats and Random Thoughts for the 2nd week of 2008.
- In the 3rd week of 2008 there were more Random Thoughts
- What was Inflation like in December 2008? These Random Thoughts will tell you.
- Door to Door Scams and higher national debts helped the random thoughts for February.
- Stocks, Universities and some Random Thoughts more interesting quips from February.