With Canada Day (July 1st) falling on a Wednesday and the 4th of July falling on a Saturday it makes for odd holiday patterns for both Canada and the U.S.A. My guess would be a lot of folks in Canada are taking Thursday and Friday off and making for a Mega-Long weekend.
To my American brother(s) and sisters, I wish you a Happy 4th!
In the Financial Blogosphere
In the blogs this week some fascinating views of important issues in Personal Finance and Investing:
- Michael James and I both spoke about Whether I can Blow $5M but Michael James offers concrete Advice For Wealthy Athletes.
- Preet at Wheredoesallmymoneygo points out the TSX had a Rockin Year so far, and remember to watch him on the W Channel’s Ultimate Expert Challenge as well!
- Loonies and Sense had Good Timing For Once, but even then ran into issues with the strike in the GTA (how high can you pile garbage?).
- In the Tech area, Techcrunch mentions two words that may revolutionize your phones: Google Voice, read this and start thinking about how you might use it, I already have signed up on the waiting list.
- Ellen Roseman continues her discussions about saving energy in Tanks and No Tanks.
- Larry MacDonald gave us an Update: One Minute Portfolio another lazy man’s investing tool (I appreciate folks who make my life simpler).