Canada Day it is Again!
The true North 38,000,000 strong and free, and still growing!
Enjoy the holiday Canadians!
Happy Moving Day in Montreal!
For those of you in Montreal, July the 1st is also the day that most leases begin, so enjoy your moving day, hope you found a moving van, and don’t carry too much up those winding stair cases!
And Now A Large Flag
Happy Birthday Canada
And Finally an NFB Vignette
Other Canada Days
- In 2006 I gave a rather demure Happy Canada Day Cheer
- 2007 was another fine Happy Canada Day kind of year.
- In 2008 we started showing a big Canadian Flag Happy Canada Day
- For 2009 Happy Canada Day mentioned that July 1st is moving day in Montreal
- Happy Canada Day 2010 has another big flag and some of the NFB vignettes
- In 2012 we start with NFB vignettes to celebrate Canada Day
- Canada Day in 2013 just had a big flag
- What was exciting in 2014? Happy Canada Day for one!
- Happy Canada Day 2015 with a definition of Canada as well
- In 2017 Plenty of Happy Canada Day revelry to celebrate Canada 150
- With the arrival of 2020 one more Happy Canada Day post
Fourth of July
We mustn’t forget our family down south.
- What does the 4th of July mean to Canadians? Not as much as Americans, but it does look like a fun party to watch.
- What is the 4th of July is a follow-on to the previous post.
- How do you make money? The NFB shows you how the mint does it.
- Do you remember the crash of ‘82? The NFB does. Here is a short, talking about the banking problems then.
- The October Crisis is one of Canadian history’s most critical moments, leading to the 1976 Quebec Election.
- Before the October Crisis you had Expo 67 which was a magical time in Montreal.
- How do you stop things that should happen from happening? NFB has some ideas.
- What happens when cars take over? Now that is a possibility.
- A special Mother’s Day message from the National Film Board.
- Do you understand the Vastness that is Canada? This NFB short will give you a glimpse.
- After the Axe is about someone getting laid off, which is close to my heart.
- Vimy Ridge some argue is when Canada became a nation, the NFB has a perspective on it.
- Who hasn’t felt apprehensive at the thought of starting high school?
- NFB does a Fire Prevention short? Why yes, they did.
- Christmas is a subject the NFB has a lot of shorts about. This one looks at both sides of the holiday.
- Do you want an old box for Christmas? An NFB animation might make you want this
- Toronto Boom Town, which grew even larger with the help of the 1976 Quebec election.
- The Faces montage is another amazing bit of animation.
- Here is hockey, or at least how Hockey was back in the 60’s!
- Paddle to the Sea is one of my favourite shorts from the NFB
- The NFB does create some of the most beautiful Christmas Cards.
- The Sweater is another of my favourite NFB shorts, a story that tugs at my heartstrings.