A nice alignment today with Canada Day (July 1st) actually being on a Monday for 2013, so a LONG Weekend for we Canadians, enjoy your time off. The summer has begun, shouldn’t you be out fixing all that stuff outside that you said you’d get done in January?!?
Canada is an amazing country to live in, and if I have not said it enough, it is the Greatest Country in the World. Where else could the son of immigrants, grow up to write one of the 2 million best financial blogs on the Inter-web? What a country!
Happy Canada Day!
Other Canada Days
- In 2006 I gave a rather demure Happy Canada Day Cheer
- 2007 was another fine Happy Canada Day kind of year.
- In 2008 we started showing a big Canadian Flag Happy Canada Day
- For 2009 Happy Canada Day mentioned that July 1st is moving day in Montreal
- Happy Canada Day 2010 has another big flag and some of the NFB vignettes
- In 2012 we start with NFB vignettes to celebrate Canada Day
- Canada Day in 2013 just had a big flag
- What was exciting in 2014? Happy Canada Day for one!
- Happy Canada Day 2015 with a definition of Canada as well
- In 2017 Plenty of Happy Canada Day revelry to celebrate Canada 150
- With the arrival of 2020 one more Happy Canada Day post
Fourth of July
We mustn’t forget our family down south.
- What does the 4th of July mean to Canadians? Not as much as Americans, but it does look like a fun party to watch.
- What is the 4th of July is a follow-on to the previous post.
How did you know we were taking the old fence gate off the side of the house today? Oh, that’s right, we’re ALL doing home maintenance. Remind me again why we stopped renting?
I hope you can enjoy some of the festivities in the Nation’s Capital on behalf of all of us. It’s nice when for once the explosions, smoke and hot air are over the Parliament buildings, not in them.
Very true, although Mr. Harper singing along with Carly Rae Jepson is a bit disturbing any time of the year…