It seems that winter has come to the frozen North of Ottawa, with frigid temperatures, freezing rain, snow but no canal skating as of yet. The window replacement at my house is making the house a little less cold (unfortunately we didn’t do all the windows, so we are still leaking warm air all over the place). The new windows are helping, but it seems obvious the rest of the windows have to be done this summer.
The week has been interesting in terms of money, but there are rumors abounding in Ottawa of an impending large cut in the Civil Service (the Ottawa Citizen has been rife with hints that this could be the biggest cut in years). Will this come to fruition, it all remains to be seen.
As for me, there was an interesting cross-section with my tweets and such:
- I’m not sure I am all for investing the Financial Shock Collar, since I am afraid Mrs. C8j might use it on me, but if you ever see one, tell me, I’ll be suing someone!
- Given the sad numbers on Monday, I figured I’d point out that a year ago, things were a little better with Employment up a little more in December 2010.
- With Adventures in Car Buying (or now that is Chutzpah), I recount a story about the last time we bought a car.
- I firmly do believe that Debt is like Fat and to get rid of either you need to make a lifestyle change (not just a cosmetic short term change).
- I am really getting sick and tired of my phone ringing off the hook and remember Buyer Beware: Telephone Solicitors where I started ranting about these telecomm vipers.
- Given my birthday was on Friday, I reminisced about when I was younger On Turning 50, I remember when I thought 40 was old.
As a public service, here is a great Twitter I saw with a video from Vinnie Jones (one of my favorite actors), showing you how easy it can be to perform CPR (this is a video from the UK, not sure what the laws are in Canada in regard to performing CPR if you are not trained to do it).