Given that the actual Canada Day Holiday is today (Monday) I give you my regular Sunday post of my Twitter posts and a further overview of some of the more interesting stories of the past week or so. Canada is a funny place, where on our National Holiday we don’t take a holiday, however we move it to the next day? You would never hear of this with the 4th of July, of that I am very sure.
We Canadians are reveling in the Bicentennial of the War of 1812, amazing how we can claim a British victory as our own, oh well, at least we know Laura Secord was important in the battle as well.
Our American cousins begin preparation for the 4th of July, which is always quite the spectacle. If there is one thing Americans do best, it is celebrate their Nation (IMHO).
Enjoy your day off, but be careful some services are not taking today off in Ottawa (garbage collection for one), but for the rest of us, it is a day off!
- At the end of it all it is still very true that Cash is the Ultimate Budgeting Tool, once you are out, you are done spending.
- In 2006 I kind of lost it when a 15% Electrical Rate Hike was announced, it’s got a lot worse since then.
- If you were ever curious here are the Top 5 Reasons You Are In Debt, which is not as long a list as it looks either.
- One of my first posts ever written was It’s Simple Isn’t It? From what I can tell it still rings very true.
- I am always surprised by the visceral response my post I am a Civil Servant has, especially now with all of the cuts going on.
- For those about to be laid off either in the Private Sector or Public Sector I give you 1 Year Later, a quick run through of how I felt one year after being laid off from Nortel.
Enjoy un autre jour congé, for tomorrow we should return to work refreshed and ready to meet another day with the vitality it deserves.