Let’s keep the faith that this Thanksgiving will be enjoyable. My optimistic perspective for the future is hopeful, but guarded. I am adopting this phrase for Thanksgiving this year.
Happy Thanksgiving, and Calm the Hell Down
The year 2023 has been a rough one economically and financially. Personally, it has been rough as well. I am still not very mobile thanks to a severed patellar tendon. COVID is out there, and I don’t want it (again). I continue to argue with the CRA and Revenue Quebec about my brother’s estate. I am older and sorer most days.
Let us be Thankful this Thanksgiving, in Canada for:
- Our Country and our neighbours (no matter how loud they get)
- Our families and friends. Remember, a good thing to do at Thanksgiving is to donate to a food cupboard (or food bank) or a Homeless Shelter. Donate regularly to both.
- We are still a great place to live, for most folks, most of the time.
Thank you to you Good Reader as well. Thanks for dropping by and perusing my writings.
If you celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday, or Friendsgiving on Monday, enjoy the fellowship.
If you want to have a fun turkey story, read this. It is a fun story written by a good friend.
Real Canadian turkeys always wear plaid and bacon.
Truly a Canadian Bird
Table of contents
- For 2023 there is hope, but concerns Financially for another Happy Thanksgiving and Calm The Hell Down.
- The year 2022 another Happy Thanksgiving wish to Canada.
- Christmas All Year Round doesn’t it feel that way? Certainly does these days. Every holiday is like Christmas?
- Possibly the great turkey story ever told
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2017 a classic year with classic Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2015. Another great year to enjoy Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2014 with original art from my daughter and son. It includes a train and an octopus
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2013. I outline some of the things I am thankful for.
- Happy Thanksgiving and some #Tweets from 2012. I suppose the turkey is a bird, but it doesn’t tweet?
- Happy Thanksgiving 2011 Canada with talk of WKRP turkey drops. Also talk of ZZ Top and that wild turkey’s bite.
- Happy Thanksgiving America! Back in the days when I wrote daily posts.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2010. As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Back in 2009, when I took a day off from writing daily? What was I thinking.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada ! Also, a discussion on the sub prime banking mess while we were in the middle of it for 2008.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada 2007! Wrote about a lot of odd things then, didn’t I?
- Happy Thanksgiving! In 2006 wasn’t that much to say I guess
- Happy Thanksgiving! For 2005 my first year at this site, quite the time.