Another Friday arrives with some things to think about this week.
- A bad week for investments with the TSX down 900 points in three days. Is this the bottom? I have no idea, I’ll tell you in a couple of months, but now is the time to stick to your investment plans, and not panic.
- RRSP time continues to be a turbulent one now with the stock market going on a deep plunge, should you not even worry about it and just continue with your plans? That is what I am hoping to do.
- Michael James asks the question, Is Investing Like Surgery? where he asks the question and then argues that the metaphor is flawed. Hopefully I won’t catch him trying to remove his own appendix next.
- Speaking of RRSPs the Canadian Capitalist is talking about them, with A Review and Contest posting, you still have time to maybe win a book.
- I continue my war on “at work discretionary spending”, and only spent $1.35 this week, I broke down and bought 1 coffee, on an especially bad day. I am off work on Friday, so I am safe for that day.
- Next week begins my tax collation exercise, so expect an update on my favorite topic which is The Government Hates Single Income Families.
- On a personal note, I mourn the loss of 7 good young men and their coaches wife on Saturday. Being involved in basketball this terrible incident struck home with me, as I have spent many weekends driving to and from basketball tourneys (in fact I am off to Barrie this very weekend). My thoughts are with their coach and the parents of those young athletes.
- My site move is complete, if you have links to my old site on blogger please update them to the new site, please.