Sunday rolls around and it is my last day before going back to work, oh well, I suppose all good things must come to an end, if they didn’t you wouldn’t appreciate them enough.
The week of time off from work was quick, unfortunately weeks at work are never as quick as a week of vacation, more is the pity, I suppose.
There was an anti-Putin protest in a Russian Orthodox Cathedral by a Female Punk band, and people are decrying the fact that they have been sentenced to two years in prison for it. What did they think was going to happen in a still mostly totalitarian society, after they made fun of their leader in a place of worship? Maybe I’m naive, but I certainly would think myself lucky that I wasn’t shot on the spot, if I had done the same thing (not being a member of a Female Russian Punk Rock Band, it isn’t likely, I suppose).
Julian Assange continues to enjoy the hospitality of the Ecuadorian embassy in London. I have never visited that area, but I hope he is enjoying staying there, because it doesn’t strike me as likely that the U.K. will allow him out of the country. As I said previously, who goes to Ecuador in August?
On my Twitter Feed, I find a plethora of oldie but goodies in my archives, and if you aren’t one of my Tweeps, here are the highlights for the week:
- On Sunday I had my review of Bishop Desmond Tutu’s book God Has a Dream, I really liked that book it was spiritually up lifting.
- If you strictly follow the CRA rules I should Divorce My Wife, to create an optimal tax world.
- I found out some important things on a trip to Niagara Falls about Digital Roaming and Cell Costs, which I think are still pertinent.
- Not only are tuition fees expensive University Residence is Quite Costly as well.
- Remember that a Co-Op degree is a Parents Best Friend, keep that in mind, when your kids are looking around at schools.
- I did like The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting out of Debt and I still have a copy of it on my book shelf.
Enjoy your Sunday, I will try to do the same!