Another holiday Monday is upon us here in Canada, as we celebrate a bountiful harvest and give thanks for all the good things in our lives. The Thanksgiving holiday in Canada is the first Monday in October. This is the harvest festival, thus American Thanksgiving is later, as their harvest is later.
I am thankful for many things in my life, far too many (and mundane) to list here.
I am (however) thankful to you good reader for coming back and seeing what odd things I might be writing about each day, and hope you keep returning (and tell your friends too).
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day, if you have time read possibly The Greatest Turkey Story Ever Told, enjoy turkey and remember to be good to your Mother (or the host of the big meal). Enjoy mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and so many other wonderful parts of the Thanksgiving feast. Then you can get ready for Black Friday.
This year in my part of Ottawa we have a problem with Wild Turkeys (no not the drink) we have wild turkeys harassing folks (I kid you not), so I don’t feel too bad eating a little Meleagris Gallopavo this year.
Time to start thinking about putting away everything for the Winter. Might be time to put on your Snow Tires too.
Table of contents
- Christmas All Year Round doesn’t it feel that way? Certainly does these days, every holiday is like Christmas?
- Possibly the great turkey story ever told
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2017 a classic year with classic Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2015. Another great year to enjoy Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2014 with original art from my daughter and son. It includes a train and an octopus
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2013. I outline some of the things I am thankful for.
- Happy Thanksgiving and some #Tweets from 2012. I suppose the turkey is a bird, but it doesn’t tweet?
- Happy Thanksgiving 2011 Canada with talk of WKRP turkey drops. Also talk of ZZ Top and that wild turkey’s bite.
- Happy Thanksgiving America! Back in the days when I wrote daily posts.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2010. As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Back in 2009, when I took a day off from writing daily? What was I thinking.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada ! Also, a discussion on the sub prime banking mess while we were in the middle of it for 2008.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada 2007! Wrote about a lot of odd things then, didn’t I?
- Happy Thanksgiving! In 2006 wasn’t that much to say I guess
- Happy Thanksgiving! For 2005 my first year at this site, quite the time.