May this year find you safe and happy. As I have mentioned 2023 while not a horrific year, is another year that is best to be seen in the rear view mirror.
For me my perspectives on the coming year
- I have seen the future, and I don’t like it. Time to get back to the gym and work on my retirement. Need to get my knee to a working format as well.
- Use AI, but only for editing purposes on this site. The dreck written by AI is dull.
- Enjoy being debt free for now. Plan on staying out of debt.
What will 2024 bring in general? My guesses would be:
- A horrific amount of turmoil in the United States thanks to the upcoming election. This truly could be one for the books. I hope I am not simply falling for the media’s slanted perspectives (on both sides).
- An election in Canada? I think that one is likely. Will it mean the demise of the current Liberal party? Seems likely.
- A resolution to the current wars? I doubt that as well. Both have the potential to cause tremendous economic issues.
- Stock Market? I have no idea. I continue to ride the wave, but I would not be surprised to see some bears come out of the woods for a while, too.
- 2023 was the year of AI and Ozempic, what will the coming year give us?
Here is hoping the coming year is not as tumultuous as predicted.
All Those Happy New Years
Yes, for many years I have wished you a Happy New Year
- Happy New Year 2024! What will the year 2024 bring? Let’s hope it is a Happy New Year, but there is potential for a great deal of upheaval in the coming year. #NewYear #Happy2024
- Happy New Year 2022 and #MoneyTalk recapped a lot of 2021 and hoped that 2022 was going to bring some hope.
- A happy new year for 2021 ? Well it started pretty grotty, but it might get better.
- I must have had an inkling about 2020, as I didn’t wish you a Happy New Year to start things. Hopefully with this post I have helped make the year better?
- In 2019 I was too practical with Tangible Financial New Years Resolutions but still worthwhile thinking about it, eh?
- For Happy New Year 2018 I had a great photo of being stuck on the 401 during a snowstorm, and links to previous New Year Messages.
- 2017 I pointed out that you start paying CPP and EI again, so your net pay is going to be lower.
- 2016 Happy New Year, just didn’t happen, not sure why, must have been having a grinchy holiday?
- 2015 Happy New Year and I included a really bad joke about it being the year of the RAM in the Chinese Calendar.
- 2014 Happy New Year again I pointed out that CPP and EI rates were increasing as well, I really am a kill joy.
- 2013 was a Happy New Year, a celebratory Sunday was the photo to start the year.
- 2012 I used to post best of Twitter posts, and it seems to have fallen on a Sunday as well.
- Merry New Year! It All Starts again was how 2011 started, and I included a bunch of resolutions in that article.
- 2010 New Year began with me in a new job, which was very nice, given I had been unemployed for a while.
- 2009 started a little bleak, in that I was unemployed, and was looking for a job, during a major economic crisis.
- Belated Happy and Prosperous New Year was how 2008 started, the economy was booming, employment was high, but there were hints of the systemic failure that was coming soon.
- Good Bye 2008, outlined the eventful year that it was for me. Things got better, but a lot didn’t go right that year.
- A New Year Brings Tax Breaks? The tax breaks appeared in 2007 but later disappeared, unfortunately.
- 2006 I was still figuring out what this whole thing was going to be, but I did show some signs of a ranting good time.
Yes, I really did start in 2005.