It has become a tradition that every new year I wish you all a Happy New Year 2018. A Happy Financial New Year is also my wish for you and your loved ones. The New Year will start cold and snowy in Ottawa, so here is my New Year Wish.
All Those Happy New Years
Yes, for about 12 years I have wished you a Happy New Year
- 2017 I pointed out that you start paying CPP and EI again, so your net pay is going to be lower.
- 2016 Happy New Year, just didn’t happen, not sure why, must have been having a grinchy holiday?
- 2015 Happy New Year and I included a really bad joke about it being the year of the RAM in the Chinese Calendar.
- 2014 Happy New Year again I pointed out that CPP and EI rates were increasing as well, I really am a kill joy.
- 2013 was a Happy New Year, a celebratory Sunday was the photo to start the year.
- 2012 I used to post best of Twitter posts, and it seems to have fallen on a Sunday as well.
- Merry New Year! It All Starts again… was how 2011 started, and I included a bunch of resolutions in that article.
- 2010 New Year began with me in a new job, which was very nice, given I had been unemployed for a while.
- 2009 started a little bleak, in that I was unemployed, and was looking for a job, during a major economic crisis.
- Belated Happy and Prosperous New Year was how 2008 started, the economy was booming, employment was high, but there were hints of the systemic failure that was coming soon.
- A New Year Brings Tax Breaks? The tax breaks appeared in 2007 but later disappeared, unfortunately.
- 2006 I was still figuring out what this whole thing was going to be, but I did show some signs of a ranting good time.
Yes, I really did start in 2005.
New Year’s Resolutions
I have written about financial resolutions and resolutions in general a great deal as well.
- Financial New Year Resolutions , Start Now ! Discusses a study by the University of Scranton and why people don’t succeed with their resolutions.
- Honest New Year Resolutions points out the importance of being honest with yourself when you try to set your resolutions.
- Sarcastic Financial New Year Resolutions, me sarcastic? Yes, I don’t have much luck with resolutions, so naturally I get sarcastic about them too.
- Personal Finance Resolutions for the New Year? I went into a lot of detail on that one of all the good things you can do at the start of a year.