I wish 2011 a farewell (not that fond), and I look forward to 2012 with hope and optimism.
The year 2011 has taken its toll on me, but that is what makes life worth living in some ways, hence my optimism for the future.
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.~Bill Vaughan
I didn’t stay up to make sure 2011 left, but I did check closely when I woke up this morning!
My tweets this past week were as usual an interesting cornucopia of interesting commentaries from my large archive of older posts:
- On Christmas Eve I gave a Few Last Yuletide Thoughts, which has the valid point that Christmas cards are not late if they are mailed before Christmas day!
- Merry Christmas is yet another discussion of the magic that was and is Christmas for me.
- Happy Boxing Day discusses Canada’s version of Black Friday.
- Even on December 27th it is time to start thinking that Christmas is Coming Are You Planning?
- I dusted off a real old one with some Bad Financial Humour
- What to do for the Financial End of Year? Not too hard to remember this stuff, is it?
- As the year end it’s always cheap and easy to do a best of post and mine last year was entitled My Favorite Things, which resounds with the Sounds of Music!
I hope that 2012 brings you happiness, joy and all your hopes and dreams come to fruition.