As my regular readers see, sometimes my mind wanders to weird places and I must admit I am not sure where most of this came from. On Sunday night at 5:00 PM I had nothing to write for Monday, but looked at the GPS I had just received from Christmas, started writing about a Financial GPS and from their we got to Financial Shock Collars and here we are Friday with a whole week of very odd postings by me.
I empathize with those in dire financial quandaries, but in some cases the Financial Shock Collar may be the only answer. As Mrs. C8j pointed out in a comment she made, a lot of issues with money in couples comes from lack of communication, so maybe it’s time to start talking to your spouse about money? Just an idea.
Random Shocking Thoughts
This week other Personal Finance Bloggers found more solid issues to write about, and some are well worth checking out in this weeks Random Thoughts:
- Michael James spoke of this in his post RRSP versus TFSA where he discusses various scenarios about putting your money in either savings vehicle.
- The Canadian Capitalist also posted talking about the C.D. Howe’s take on TFSA versus RRSP where he talks about the Howe findings specifically.
- Canadian Financial DIY also comments on the Howe findings in New Data on TFSA vs RRSP and Canada’s Rube Goldberg Tax System.
- On a related topic, Larry MacDonald talks about RRSPs and business owners and how business owners might want to think about setting up RRSPs for their retirement, or perhaps even TFSAs?
- Preet wraps up his expose with Severing the Link Between Price and Weight Part IV.
- Million Dollar Journey talks about where they might get the money to put into their RRSP or TFSA with a the post How I saved 70% on my grocery bill, remember 50% off meat should be eaten the day you buy it too!
- Gail Vaz-Oxlade writes an important spiritual posting about Keeping Focus, which is important in this day and age, don’t get distracted from your goals.
- Let’s stop the madness is a very good rant by Ellen Roseman about the dirty tricks being played on some consumers, read this and be warned!
- I hadn’t noticed but Dave over a Investing Intelligently Got Laid Off, now it looks like he has found something, but does bring home that the alleged “recovery” may not be fully entrenched yet!
Enjoy your weekend, and remember, if you think you need a Financial Shock Collar, please get some help!
On Monday, Labor numbers which are out today!