Another year of learning for me. As I move through my 60s I am learning far too much about the aging process. I suppose it is coming to grips with my mortality, or simply watching those I love disappear, but this is not an easy process. Christmas is a time for Hope and New Beginnings, and that is my hope for the coming year.
Merry Christmas to you, your family and your friends. Cherish them while they are here.
Merry Christmas 2022
Indeed this has been a year of extremes.
- Inflation continues to run amok, and it will not likely ease for a while.
- The cryptocurrency bubble may have burst, or it may only be a blip. I have no idea, but I am staying away from it.
- Interest rates are riding back to more normal levels, but due to our addiction to low-interest rates, this is going to hurt a lot of people.
- The Real Estate market seems to be cooling off, if not crashing.
All of that and COVID, flu and many other illnesses seem to be taking their toll on us.
Enjoy the holidays. Be safe, and take care of yourself and your loved ones. Let us hope 2023 brings us something different and better.
Christmas Wishes from the Past
I seem to do this a lot, so here are my Christmas wishes from years gone by:
- Christmas 2022 was after a rough year for many folks including me. Inflation, COVID, and dealing with losing family members was a bit much really.
- Merry Christmas 2021 was another COVID crisis time. Omicron hit and Christmas became much more closed up. Maybe the last one of these, but we thought that last year.
- Merry Christmas 2020 ! Do you see the pussy cat in the tree? An odd year with a Pandemic and all. Make sure you pop those Christmas Crackers.
- Christmas All Year Round ? Yes, it does feel like that these days doesn’t it? The 12 Days of Christmas Debt ? What the heck ? That isn’t Christmasy at all!
- Merry Christmas 2017 ! That was a year of fun videos that I found to help celebrate the holiday. Love that old CFCF fill.
- Merry Christmas, Highspeed Internet a right, Inflation at 1.2 and #MoneyTalk 2016 ! Sheesh, I couldn’t even be bothered to send a message that year, how Grinchy.
- Merry Christmas 2014 ! A lovely quote from the King James bible for that year. Seem to have done nothing for 2015. This year I even had a Christmas Eve post.
- Happy Christmas 2013 ! I loved the photos of every years Christmas Tree, very festive. Another Christmas Eve post too.
- Merry Christmas 2012 ! You see the hideous curtains we had in the den back then. That year we had the $150 Christmas challenge too.
- Merry Christmas 2011 ! The tree moved back to the front room and I used Google Translate to create a festive message. Think I was on French training that year. Also At Christmas Why Not Just Give Cash ?
- Merry Christmas 2010 has some very deep philosophical commentary in it. Must have been hitting the Christmas cheer early. Christmas Eve that year must have been a Friday.
- Merry Christmas 2009 and all you got was an NFB short? Not that bad really. There was also Christmas Eve thoughts too.
- Merry Christmas 2008 ! That was the year of the infamous Financial Advent Calendar too.
- A few last Yuletide Thoughts was what I had in 2007.
- Merry Christmas 2006 ! A quieter year I suppose.
- Whatever little money you have, make sure you spend itâ€¦ was my first year writing here. Quite gruff and grinchy.