Yup, I took Sunday off (not really, I spent most of the weekend driving and doing lots of family stuff), so here is a Sunday/Monday/Holiday post for you, ENJOY!
E.Coli continues to run rampant through the Canadian food supply (OK, just the beef from a specific manufacturing firm). So PSAC is already blaming the Harper Government for laying off all the food inspectors, which should make for some spirited discussions in the house of commons. Just remember to cook your beef very well (for those with English ancestry, no worries about that!).
No Hockey and no Hockey insight for us Canadians, guess we’ll be watching a lot of Lacrosse this winter?
Oh and surprisingly there is corruption in Montreal? Goodness, as I a born in Montreal QuÃ©bÃ©cois, I can assure you the only surprising thing is that it has taken this long for anyone to talk about it. Montreal takes corruption and takes it to new magnificent mutations that Toronto and other Canadian cities wish they could have.
Oh and in my Twitter feed some very interesting nostalgic posts as well:
- No matter what sport never forget the importance of Don’t pass it to the other team.
- A little early but Happy Thanksgiving and Financial Haikus shows that financial ideas can be explained in a Haiku format.
- An old friend of mine and his wife had some real issues with money thus I wrote He has lunch out, so can I, another don’t do this kind of post.
- Is it really the right concept Don’t use debit, use credit ? I am not so sure.
- I still agree with the idea that Taking Math in High School is Important, and not just taking it, but understanding it as well!
- What does Occam’s Razor have to do with personal finance, read on and be amazed.
- When you hear hoof beats, maybe you should think of the obvious ?
- Now that I have earned a million dollars, points out that if I had kept all the money I had made in my life I’d be a millionaire (and living in my parent’s basement, or prison, from not paying taxes).
- I’ve said it many times, and on a day when you might over eat remember that Debt is like Fat!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
For some, however, Thanksgiving is a terrible time, and that is for the Meleagris Gallopavo, or Wild Turkey (ZZ Top even sings about the horrible Wild Turkey Bite (but I suspect that may not be what they really mean)).
Constantly hiding and ducking from now until January 2nd, think of these poor creatures as you scarf down their kins legs and breasts! Mmmmâ€¦ kinâ€¦
Table of contents
- For 2023 there is hope, but concerns Financially for another Happy Thanksgiving and Calm The Hell Down.
- The year 2022 another Happy Thanksgiving wish to Canada.
- Christmas All Year Round doesn’t it feel that way? Certainly does these days. Every holiday is like Christmas?
- Possibly the great turkey story ever told
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2017 a classic year with classic Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2015. Another great year to enjoy Turkey.
- Happy Thanksgiving from 2014 with original art from my daughter and son. It includes a train and an octopus
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2013. I outline some of the things I am thankful for.
- Happy Thanksgiving and some #Tweets from 2012. I suppose the turkey is a bird, but it doesn’t tweet?
- Happy Thanksgiving 2011 Canada with talk of WKRP turkey drops. Also talk of ZZ Top and that wild turkey’s bite.
- Happy Thanksgiving America! Back in the days when I wrote daily posts.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada from 2010. As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Back in 2009, when I took a day off from writing daily? What was I thinking.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada ! Also, a discussion on the sub prime banking mess while we were in the middle of it for 2008.
- Happy Thanksgiving Canada 2007! Wrote about a lot of odd things then, didn’t I?
- Happy Thanksgiving! In 2006 wasn’t that much to say I guess
- Happy Thanksgiving! For 2005 my first year at this site, quite the time.