For my regular readers, I am so lazy swamped over the holidays that I am taking some time off and putting up a “Best of” anthology until the New Year (January 4th, to be exact). Enjoy two Best of posts a day over the Holidays, and have yourself a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Well, that was a blur. The toys, the noise and excitement and then the Boxing Day sales that will now go on for the next four months, isn’t capitalism a wonderful thing? For most of us, we get Monday off as “Boxing Day,” but fear not good reader, I still have my shovel out digging up old “nuggets” from the past year.
The Most Hideous (2009/02/09)
I opened my Ottawa Citizen on Saturday, and I saw this picture, and I felt a combination of disgust, anger, and lurid curiosity.
Boxing Day: Just Because it’s on sale (2008/12/26)
That doesn’t mean you have to buy it!
This mantra you should be repeating to yourself as you walk through the Boxing Day sales.
Car or Bus? (2009/08/11)
That is one of the big questions I have to think about given my new appointment.
In my previous job, there was no reason to take the bus because: …….
All the Volumes
- Holiday Cheer: Volume 1 Sneaky Problems
- Holiday Cheer Volume 2: New Grads Read On
- Holiday Cheer Volume 3: Holy Crap it’s Christmas Eve!!!
- Holiday Cheer Volume 4: Happy Boxing Day
- Holiday Cheer Volume 5: Almost Over
- Holiday Cheer Volume 6: Taboos
- Holiday Cheer Volume 7: 2009 Ends
Christmas Wishes from the Past
I seem to do this a lot, so here are my Christmas wishes from years gone by:
- Merry Christmas 2020 ! Do you see the pussy cat in the tree? An odd year with a Pandemic and all. Christmas All Year Round ? Yes, it does feel like that these days doesn’t it? The 12 Days of Christmas Debt ? What the heck ? That isn’t Christmasy at all!
- Merry Christmas 2017 ! That was a year of fun videos that I found to help celebrate the holiday. Love that old CFCF fill.
- Merry Christmas, Highspeed Internet a right, Inflation at 1.2 and #MoneyTalk 2016 ! Sheesh, I couldn’t even be bothered to send a message that year, how Grinchy.
- Merry Christmas 2014 ! A lovely quote from the King James bible for that year. Seem to have done nothing for 2015. This year I even had a Christmas Eve post.
- Happy Christmas 2013 ! I loved the photos of every years Christmas Tree, very festive. Another Christmas Eve post too.
- Merry Christmas 2012 ! You see the hideous curtains we had in the den back then. That year we had the $150 Christmas challenge too.
- Merry Christmas 2011 ! The tree moved back to the front room and I used Google Translate to create a festive message. Think I was on French training that year. Also At Christmas Why Not Just Give Cash ?
- Merry Christmas 2010 has some very deep philosophical commentary in it. Must have been hitting the Christmas cheer early. Christmas Eve that year must have been a Friday.
- Merry Christmas 2009 and all you got was an NFB short? Not that bad really. There was also Christmas Eve thoughts too.
- Merry Christmas 2008 ! That was the year of the infamous Financial Advent Calendar too.
- A few last Yuletide Thoughts was what I had in 2007.
- Merry Christmas 2006 ! A quieter year I suppose.
- Whatever little money you have, make sure you spend it… was my first year writing here. Quite gruff and grinchy.