In my many years as a home owner I have done a lot of toilet work. I have replaced toilets, replaced wax rings and other things. Sometimes, you get it a bit wrong, like this story in 2008. Pride has nothing to do with it.
I think that loud bang I heard when I turned the water back on for my toilet repair yesterday was more than “just nothing”, given the huge water stain in the ceiling this morning. Yes, after bragging on this very blog of my great home repair skills, Karma or God or however you want to spin it, came and bit me for being so proud of myself.
We have a hole in the ceiling, but now the “leak” has decided to disappear? Might have been residual from the pre-gasket replacement, but I doubt that, should be interesting anyhow.
Advent Financial Calendar Box Day 3
Today’s box, is like those Russian stacking dolls, it is a box in a box. The box in the box is a Safety Deposit box, do you have one? If you don’t wear do you keep your important documents? Remember this is NO LONGER a carrying charge for investing.
Safety deposit box, go get one if you don’t have one, or at least have somewhere safe to put your important documents.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Pasbook
- Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face
- Day 25: A Box of Chocolate Loonies