Advent Financial Calendar Box Day 18
Note this list is dated in some areas. I am not sure what the “it” toy is this year, but in 2008 a Wii Fit was the big thing.
You open the box, and it is a Wii Fit! What the heck does that have to do with Personal Finance or Advent? Not much, but if anyone has one and wants to get it to me, that would be nice.
The Wii Fit is a Perfect Metaphor for not following the crowd both in investing and in personal finance. For those unaware, the Wii Fit is the new “it” Christmas present and does not stay on store shelves for more than 10 minutes when they are in stock.
In the past ten years, it was in vogue to build up a large debt load and figure it wasn’t going to be a problem, which has turned out wrong. In investing buying when everyone else buys and selling when everyone sells, you are sure to end up like everyone else.
Do not join the herd. Think about why you are doing what you are doing and do what you think is right, not just what everyone else is doing.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
- Advent it Begins Again!
- Day 1: Running Shoes
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What is in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13 (new) A Puzzle Piece or Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A QR Code -or- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face
- Day 25: Merry Christmas