You open today’s box and there is a tiny new pair of shoes, which of course in Canada means a Budget. Advent is an excellent time to think about writing a budget for next year. You can start your financial plan for next year. In some homes, Budget is a dirty word, but it is an essential tool if you feel that your spending is out of control, even if you don’t keep the budget exactly, it is still a way to measure your success financially.
Budget in Advent for the New Year. Get a good start on the new financial year.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
The complete Personal Finance Advent Calendar box postings.
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face
- Day 25: A Box of Chocolate Loonies