Advent is slowly coming to a close, the Christmas Festival begins soon, and our Financial Calendar has very few boxes left for us to open.
In today’s box, we find House Plan, complete with blueprints, cost estimates, and the works. This plan has a few ways you can look at it as part of your financial journey:
- If you succeed in your financial journey, you may one day be able to afford to build your Dream House where you and your family can live and prosper.
- This signifies the importance of a complete Plan for your Financial Journey. If you do not have a Financial Plan which is honest and complete, you cannot succeed and worse still, you cannot tell if you have succeeded as well (which is more important).
Every week I write at least one article on the importance of Financial Planning, but I often don’t mention why it is so essential.
There is a line from a Tom Clancy novel that rings in my ears, “… if you don’t write it down, how do you know it happened…”, but better still if you don’t write down what your goals and plans are, how do you know if you are succeeding? That is the optimistic view you should take of any financial plan. It gives you the positive feedback that you are growing or the Shepherdly tap on the shoulder to get back on track if you are not.
Make that Financial Plan for next year today, before Advent is over.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13 (new) A Puzzle Piece or Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A QR Code -or- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face