In today’s Advent Financial Calendar, we find a puzzle piece? What could a puzzle piece symbolize? A puzzle piece symbolizes, in this case, Autism and many non-visible disabilities.
Autism is a daily topic in our household. We are lucky that my son is high functioning, but his life is still not easy. Mental health is another critical topic to remember. What does this have to do with a Financial Advent Calendar? If you or a loved one have Autism or many mental health issues, remember that the Disability Tax Credit may be available. Check out my Disability Tax Credit Related Topics page for more information about this vital Tax credit.
Oh, and if you ever say, “You don’t look disabled”, to someone, you will get a lump of coal at Christmas.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13 (new) A Puzzle Piece or Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A QR Code -or- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face