This is the final Sunday in Advent and the festival of Christmas is almost at hand so today’s box has in it something of great importance during this season, it is a DVD of one of my favorite movies “The Shawshank Redemption” (amazon link).
You may be thinking that is neither Adventy, Financial or Christmassy, what does it have to do with this thematic premise? The movie is just a nice gift, the important part is Redemption.
During the time of Christmas countless movies and stories are told where the main character finds Redemption in their life so they can begin again and live a happy and fulfilled life.
In a Christmas Carol Scrooge finds out the true meaning of what his wealth is and the good he can do with it, in the Grinch the true meaning of the season comes to an odd furry character and to George Bailey in It’s a Wonderful Life when he thinks the world has turned against him, he finds he is mistaken.
Advent is a time for Redemption both Spiritually and Financially. Past sins, mistakes and wrong doings can be forgiven and new habits and lifestyles can be forged, if you wish. If you have failed badly with your finances, now is a good time to start working on new ways in your personal finance to succeed.
As a note, Shawshank Redemption did have a Financial angle to it, as Andy Dufresne was in fact a Banker and he did run a lot of shady financial “scams” while inside Shawshank Prison too.
Remember to “Get busy living“.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
The complete Personal Finance Advent Calendar box postings.
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face
- Day 25: A Box of Chocolate Loonies