Open today’s box and you find a feather, to remember that you must be able to laugh at a lot of the financial woes you are going to live through, without humor we will all go crazy. So here are even more financial one liners.
Some Financial Humor for a Saturday
The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.
I went to the bank and went over my savings. I found out I have all the money that I’ll ever need. .. . If I die tomorrow.
The best way to keep money in perspective is to have some.
Banks will loan you money if you can prove you don’t need it
— Mark Twain
First gobble up our assets,
Then demand dessert.
The best way to save money is not to lose it.
Nowadays, a penny saved is ridiculous!
Money talks. I’ll not deny. I heard it once. It said good-bye.
Money: a businessman earns it, an economist learns it, a banker turns it, a politician burns it, and a wise man spurns it.
“Credit cards are VERY dangerous. Every time I try to use one somebody starts chasing me with scissors.”
— J. Bothne
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
— Steven Wright
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
The complete Personal Finance Advent Calendar box postings.
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: What’s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Child’s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face
- Day 25: A Box of Chocolate Loonies