Advent Financial Calendar Box Day 9
Today’s box contains a scroll of some sort. You unravel it and see that it is a Diploma with your child’s name on it.
Time to start thinking about your child’s higher Education now, when the task is not as daunting. Suppose you haven’t created an RESP in no time like the present, and best done before the end of the year, to maximize your grant possibilities. Talk to your bank or financial planner about what needs to be set up, but Education is the best gift you can give your child, and making sure they can go to University (if they wish) is something to start thinking about right now.
Read my postings about the high cost of University Education if you think this won’t be a significant expense.
I must admit this is a selfish gift for me.
Personal Finance Advent Calendar
- Day 1: Empty Box
- Day 2: TFSA
- Day 3: A Safety Deposit Box
- Day 4: Whatâ€™s in your Safety Deposit Box?
- Day 5: Your Will in a box
- Day 6: A Credit Card Bill
- Day 7: A Pointing Finger (Points)
- Day 8: A Lamb
- Day 9: Your Childâ€™s Diploma
- Day 10: A Cane
- Day 11: A Home Inventory List
- Day 12: A Bank Passbook
- Day 13 (new) A Puzzle Piece or Day 13: A Pair of Tiny Shoes (budgeting)
- Day 14: A Stock Certificate for ACME Buggy Whips
- Day 15: A Kettle (Charity)
- Day 16: A Coffin
- Day 17: A Scroll of Household Fix Ups
- Day 18: A QR Code -or- Day 18: A Wii Fit
- Day 19: A Library Card
- Day 20: A House Plan
- Day 21: A Feather
- Day 22: DVD of the Shawshank Redemption
- Day 23: A Tuning Fork
- Day 24: A Happy Face